Sunday, May 11, 2008

Further adventures in Scambaiting: the rise of Gritpype Thinne

My previous posts detailed some rather feeble attempts by the scam scum to separate me from my money. More recently I received another one of these. Here below:

Dear Friend
With all due respect, I am Duke Ani, aged 21 years,a Citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I got your contact in my search for an honest person abroad who can assist me in investing my inheritance wisely and my instinct motivated me to write you.I inherited the sum of US$48million from my late father Mr Ani Friday as the only child of my parents. My parents were victims of the deadly plane crash that claimed the lives of 117 people on 23 October, 2005 in Ogun State of Nigeria. You can check and verify about the plane crash in the following links below.


This is the bit a really love. Check out the link. very enterprising.

www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/articles-comments/4916-latest-all-117-passengers-killed-bellview-plane-crash.html
I am looking for a trustworthy partner abroad who can assist me to move my inherited funds abroad for banking and investment because of the continious Economic and Political instability nature of African states. I am willing to give you 25% of the money for your role and assistance to me. I want the money to be invested in Real Estate business and other profit oriented ventures.
Do not hesitate to contact me for further details (aniduke21@gmail.com). hope you will handle this matter with altmost confidentiality and transparency it deserves.
Regards
Duke Ani


And so I replied, dutifully, in my guise as a sucker just asking to be fleeced. For the purposes of this exercise I am using the email address Gritpype.thinne@gmail (you'll recognise this as a Goon Show character).

And this was the response I got - rather long winded:



Attention: Gritpype,

Thanks for your timely response to my mail. The transaction that I proposed to you is hundred percent legitimate and will not take us more than seven working days to be accomplished because I have already worked out the modalities for the smooth transfer of the fund into the bank account that you will nominate for this purpose.

Note that the nature of this transaction demands that we maintain utmost confidentiality to ensure a successful transaction, Haven said this let me brief you with the official processes to be involved in the transaction. My main focus is to present you to the Bank as my business partner abroad and you will further apply that this entitlement be transferred to you through the said legal processes.

We shall start by sending a formal application to this effect. I will copy you with the text of the said claim and transfer application to this effect as soon as I receive your response. Thereafter, the Bank will request of you the relevant back up documents to your claim and application according to the demand of our probate law on transfer of inheritance.

I am on the stand by to provide you with their requirements from the stock of documents that is presently with me. Otherwise, we will have to facilitate our acquisition of any one demanded outside my possession with the help of a reputable attorney here. Once we have provided the Bank with their demands they would be under legal obligation to transfer the funds to your submitted bank account.

Please note that all legal awards we shall have to seek from the federal high court to compliment your application of claim. You are not to worry about this as I will easily secure the services of a lawyer that will use the benefit of his professional competence and influence to do this for us only that it will only cost us some official expenses.

As we proceed, the processes and demands of this transaction will become clearer to you. I want you to send me your Information such as, (1) Your full name as written in your International Passport or drivers license (2): Date of Birth (3): Your Telephone /Fax Numbers (4):Occupation (5) Residential address.

As soon as you send me the above Information I shall obtain the Text of Application form from the bank and send to you also the required information of the Deceased father and of the bank. I also want to assure you that your information are top secret and would not cause any harm as every step we are taking is under the guidance of the law.

Be assured that the procedures to be adopted in effecting the transfer will be official and legal which will protect us from any breach of the law now and in great future do call me on this telephone number below for further correspondence (+ 234-703-049-9600) Above all, I personally count on the will and blessing of the almighty God to facilitate our plan and understanding to produce not just success but also peaceful sharing/investment of the funds at the end of the day and a healthy family business relationship thereafter.

I also pray for establishment of cordial relationship between us, God being our helper I await your urgent call/response.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Duke Ani.

No comments: